Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 April 2013

The bonus Jumah - Masjiedul Haram - Makkah Al Mukaramah

After attending four Jumahs in four different countries I feel I have been granted a bonus of perform Jumah in Masjiedul Haram in Makkah.

The Masjiedul Haram is under construction and from the our view we could see this is a MASSIVE construction and it will be quite some time before its completed. I pray to the Almighty to grant me and my family the privilege to view the completed project Insha Allah.




While we were in Makkah we also visited the historical sites and once again I was overwhelmed with the in depth historical information as supplied to us by Sheikh Imraan.

Our first stop was Jabal Thoor, then we were off to Arafah, Muzdalifah. Mina, pass by Jabal Noor, stopped at Jannatul Ma'alla and return passing Masjiedul Jinn












Its now 30 April, a month after our journey and its is difficult to get into that spiritual high in order to do justice to completing this blog but I will do my best.

We were given a brief translation and interpretation of the Jumah message as delivered by Sheikh Sudais although the message was directed at people of Makkah it also applies to each and every person and community. The message was (or my interpretation thereof) - Honour your guest and show them the respect they deserve. There was also a warning to the youth to stay away from the drugs.

We were scheduled to depart on the Monday after Thur and only having six days in Makkah there were still lots to do. We planned to visit Jabal Noor to climb to the cave of Hira where the Propher pbuh got the first revelation , we also wanted to perform another umrah and the plans of going to Jeddah for a day visist had to be scrapped.

Soos die ou mense altyd se (as the old people say) "You can plan but the ultimate plan is with Allah". I came down with a fever and flu symptoms and we had to re-look at our plans. We cancelled (to much disappointment of the kids) to climb Jabal Noor but still determined to perform our umrah,

Well we had hectic Sunday night planned so decided to take it easy on the Sunday afternoon.

After Eishai we set off for Tanayam (Masjiedul Aisha).

Mogamad asked whether I booked a taxi and as any of you who has been to Makkah know the excitement is getting a "taxi" on the street. It wasnt long before a young Saudi in a mini bus stopped. We negotiated a price - well - if you can call it negotiations because I know no Arabic and he knew no English.All I knew was that we agreed to price of 150 riyals and I was hoping it was for all of us as that is what I negotiated. I wont keep you in suspense - that is also what he negotiated.

The taxi drive in itself is blog on its own. My kids were quite surprised amd amused at the driving skill and road etiquette or lack thereof of our driver but I think they enjoyed it and got some stories of their own of that experience.

We arrived at Tanayam and performed the necessary in order to return to Makkah to perform our Umrah. All went well and I thank the Almighty for having such wonderful children as not once did they complain or show signs that they were tired and wanted to rest. We completed our umrah at around 2am and as you can see from pictures below they all had wonderful glow about them. 




We went back to our hotel for quick snooze and the back down to Haram for fajr salaah and then we were going to complete our Tawaaful Widaa (Farewell Tawaaf).

Once again no complaints from kids but one could see the tiredness was taking its toll on all of us. Also tawaaf after Fajr is quite full and thus it had to be completed with kind consideration and very much restraint to those around us.

Algamdullilah - we completed and went to make our final duah in the greatest place on earth before making a VERY difficult departure from the holy Haram.

Below is last picture I took inside the Haram. This picture was taken facing the Kaaba towards Rukoon Yemani and my instruction to my kids and my request to anyone that will be performing Umrah or Hajj to try and take picture from same position so that we can see how renovations have progressed.

Once again very difficult to leave the Haram and I pray that the Almight grant me and my family to be there again together Insha Allah.

Well it was now 7am and we have completed an umrah and our tawaaful widaa in space of 9 hours and my little umrah-jies  handled their entire experience with great composure and dedication. I shukr the Almighty granting me such wonderful children and I pray that they live their umrah.



Next up was the journey and arrival at home.


5 comments:

  1. Algamdullilah,what an awesome experience it was,and they were really really amazing!!!Tasniem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mashallah - I have been waiting in anticipation for the next update and as always it brought tears to my eyes. May Allah Maqbool all your duah's. / Moody

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your light and entertaining tone. Your discriptions are vivid - reading your blog makes me feel like I was there with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Masha-Allah .Wonderful experience. Ganeefah Abrahams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Travel the holiest cities of the world, praise the one who is worth of and seek his forgiveness. Choose any of the Cheap Hajj & Umrah Tours with Al Hijaz tours and make your journey the most tremendous.

    ReplyDelete